Definitions and interpretation
- Data: collectively all information that you submit to Cheeky Travel Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
- Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
- Cheeky Travel Ltd, or us: Cheeky Travel Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11039157 whose registered office is at Cheeky Travel Ltd, Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX.
- UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
- User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Cheeky Travel Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Cheeky Travel Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
- Website: the website that you are currently using, https://cheekyweekend.co, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Information we collect
We may collect the following information, which includes personal information, from you:
- Date of Birth;
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
Information collected Automatically
When you visit our site, we may automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site. This log data may include your web address you came from or are going to, your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network carrier, and time zone or location.
Our third-party service providers may provide us with information that tells us how our marketing ads, often placed on third-party sites, performed and who clicked on them. This information does not identify any specific individual and is generally non-identifying. If we were to associate it with you we would treat it as personal data.
Use of your information – Grounds for Using Your Personal Data
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we rely on the following lawful grounds to collect and process any personal data you may have provided:
- Legitimate Business Interests: To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information, which are legitimate business interests. To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- Performance of Contract: To meet our contractual commitments to you and in performance of contractual obligations to you.
- User Consent: We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected. If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for. If you do not want us to use your data for ourselves or third-parties, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors such as your area of residence or age group.
Controlling use of your Data
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- Use of Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Sharing Data with third parties.
Accessing your own Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Cheeky Travel Ltd (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £25.
Sharing and Disclosure
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this policy or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
We will share your information in the following ways:
- With third-party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. Or, we may engage Service Providers to provide services such as marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to provide customer service, to collect debts, and to analyse and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third-party providers on our behalf. We do not authorise them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Analytics: Specifically for analytics providers, we use Google Analytics Google Analytics which is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
- Google AdWords/Analytics: Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
- Facebook: You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page. To opt-out from Facebook's interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook. To see more about Facebook’s participation in the Digital Advertising Alliance please visit the Choices section of this notice. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook's Data Policy. We may participate in Facebook.com's Custom Audience or LinkedIn’s Audience program which enables us to display personalized ads to persons on our email list when they visit Facebook or LinkedIn respectively. We provide Personal Information such as your email address and phone number to the social media provider to enable it to determine if you are a registered account holder. You may opt-out of participation in this program by contacting us as noted below. You may also opt out of receiving these ads from the social media network directly.
Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Data security is of great importance to Cheeky Travel Ltd and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
Cookie data. We may use “cookies” (a small text file sent by your computer each time you visit our site) or similar technologies to record log data. Many browsers default to accepting cookies. You may be able to change this setting in your browser and you can also clear your cookies. If you do, you may lose some functionality of our site. Check your browser’s help function to learn more about your cookie setting options.
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Advertising and analytics: These cookies collect information about who is visiting our site and how users engage with our site. This information does not identify any individual user. It is aggregated and anonymous. Information included in this analysis is number of visitors to our site, referring websites, pages visited while on this site, time of day visited our site, if this is a new or repeat visitor, and other comparable information. This information is used to help us understand the usage of our site, improve and operate our services more efficiently and to monitor the activity on our site. Please see below for a listing of our analytics providers.
- Essential cookies: These cookies help run our site and make your experience better. These include cookies that all you access to a members part of the site or help the content of our site load quickly. These cookies are only used to provide you with these services.
- Social Media cookies: We use social media tools on our site and these cookies allow the social media network to record when you have liked or engaged with a social media tool on our site. In some situations, the social network may send us data that you have set to share. If you do not want the social media network to share information with us, please check your privacy settings with the social media network.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies allow you to track browsing habits as you visit the site. Based on your browsing history and with our permission, we use third-party advertising partners who can then display to you a relevant ad when you are on a third-party site such as a social media platform. Within these cookies, we may also know your precise location such as latitude, longitude, GeoIP, and other location-specific information.
- To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from us if your computer supports such capabilities. You can opt out of receiving emails from us. Please see the Your Choices section below.
- We might also use a pixel tag which is a small graphic file that allows us and third parties to monitor the use of the site and provide us with information based on your interaction with the site. These tags may collect the IP address from the device which you loaded the page, the browser type. Pixel tags are also used by our third parties to collect information when you visit our site, the links and other actions you take on our site, and we may use this information in combination with cookies to display targeted advertisements.
Other data technologies may be used that collect comparable information for security and fraud detection purposes.
If you have any questions about cookies you can go to www.youronlinechoices.com/uk or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
We will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
We request that you do not send us any sensitive data such as social security or national identification numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, health data, biometrics or genetic, criminal background or trade union membership information. If you do send us this information, then you are consenting to its processing in accordance with this privacy notice. To avoid processing of sensitive data, do not submit it.
Our site is not directed to children under 16. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
Your rights under certain circumstances.
To initiate any of these actions please contact us:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
You have the right to data portability for the information you have provided to us. You can request to obtain a copy of this information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. We will need to verify your identity before being able to respond to such requests.
Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Right to Lodge a Complaint
For European Union residents, if you feel that our processing of your personal data infringes on data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state where you habitually reside, your place of work or the location of the alleged infringement. If you are located outside of the European Union, you may have rights under privacy laws in the jurisdiction where you live.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
Cheeky Travel Ltd details
Cheeky Travel Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11039157 whose registered address is Cheeky Travel Ltd, Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX and it operates the Website https://cheekyweekend.co.
These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer.
Last updated 16th November 2018.